Tuesday, January 9, 2007

Day Two - Meet the Neighbors - Get Shot

Ok, I'm going to try to go through to some hotspots in Insmother. However, I seem to be running into the Russian section of the galaxy. Hmm.

Followed a small group through a few systems by accident, but eventually made a wrong turn and lost them.

Where am I?

DG-8VJ - - - Found a pitstop, but it wont let me in. Place is owned by The Galactic Empire, who's a member of the Lotka Volterra. Hmm. Looks to be a German establishment. Could go for some German sausage and chips.

Oh well, next...


O-W778
I find that there's another station here, owned by the same alliance. However, this bunch speaks English. After orbiting their station for about four or five minutes, I get spoken to for the first time since I started this venture.




[15:59:46] Tusal > jappa an alt?
[16:00:14] Japa Voheem > Oh, I'm sorry, no. *waves*
[16:00:35] Tusal > np :)
[16:00:49] Japa Voheem > Tourist
[16:00:59] Alyxia Onosai > terrorist?
[16:01:09] Tusal > check the light show Ø=
[16:01:11] Japa Voheem > Ouch!
Let's see, I think a couple of missiles dinked past my hull, but it didn't look like he was going to quit. I zipped out to my warpgate waypoint, then to the planet nearby so I could still talk to this bunch in Local, while nursing my shield wounds.
[16:01:16] Japa Voheem > That wasn't very nice...
[16:01:40] Tusal > who said i was nice :)
[16:01:46] Tusal > but i am corrupt i can be paid off hehe
[16:01:55] Japa Voheem > LMAO
[16:02:08] Japa Voheem > You sound like my old boss
[16:02:53] Tusal > never mind me havent goten my coffe yet today
[16:03:00] Blueice Moon > not only is he corrupt, he will follow you to each gate in the region and charge a tarif to use it
[16:03:13] Blueice Moon > then blow you up when u use last gate
[16:03:15] Japa Voheem > *laughs*
[16:03:35] Japa Voheem > This is so getting blogged...
[16:03:37] Tusal > my mom says i am nice at the bottom, just a mile down
I diddle with the controls and figure out that I can't orbit a planet... Wha? That's just dumb. NASA would have a field day. So I do the only logical thing... attempt to orbit the planet manually. Hmmm, point that way and go... and go... and go... jeeze space is big.

While I'm fuming over this, Tusal (the guy that shot me) said that I should buy something from the local market, while his buddies were going over who was better, Microsoft or Linux. I enter that banter a bit and fully realize that they're talking behind my back in their Corp chat, trying to figure out who the hell I am most likely.

In the meantime, they switched to talking about the evils of marketing.
[16:13:10] ChalSto > Marketing -> bad bad ppl
[16:13:16] Japa Voheem > LOL
[16:13:36] Japa Voheem > Alll marketing people are some form of bad
[16:14:07] Japa Voheem > especially when they do things to force the direction of the company
[16:14:55] Tusal > market people i got control on mine
[16:15:00] ChalSto > we´ll.......i heard a rumor, that marketing ppl come to hell at the end of their life...so......
[16:15:00] Tusal > they jump when i say so :
[16:15:02] Tusal > :)
[16:15:23] ChalSto > *cough*
[16:15:39] Japa Voheem > Of corse they do, hell needs good marketing so I hear.. =p
[16:15:44] Tusal > but they are easy to tame
It's at this point that I notice a new square has arrived in "orbit" around this planet, about 250 kliks behind me.
[16:16:33] Japa Voheem > I see a sneaky
[16:16:47] Tusal > who is sneaky?
[16:17:04] Japa Voheem > You is, coming from the blinding light of the nebula
I zip out to an asteroid belt into a small bunch of rats... after a few more jumps like that, I end up "orbiting" another planet just to stay out of reach of the rats.

[16:17:33] Tusal > damn close one :_=
[16:18:04] Japa Voheem > =P
[16:20:31] Japa Voheem > Honestly though, I'm not a threat. No need to chuck things in my general direction.
[16:20:42] Japa Voheem > Just want to talk.
[16:21:04] Tusal > i like the face+to+face talks better :)
[16:21:23] Japa Voheem > LoL but you shot me!
[16:21:35] Tusal > just teasing
[16:21:39] Alyxia Onosai > i would shoot you too
[16:22:22] ChalSto > i want to shoot him, too )):
[16:22:23] Japa Voheem > What... is it because I look like a neo post modern Uncle Fester?
[16:22:52] Alyxia Onosai > no, because you are in our turf
[16:23:23] Japa Voheem > Ok... guess this is a box checked for anti social... no problem.
[16:23:30] ChalSto > flying as a neutral into 0.0 space, is like parking a pink motor-cicle at a bikers-bar
[16:23:40] ChalSto > you will die.....fast
[16:23:47] Keatahr Brohm > lol

[16:24:53] Japa Voheem > =(
[16:24:56] Alyxia Onosai > i am really frindly and kind young man, ok. i dont like to take a walk on the beach and i dont help elder ppl over the street but if you got a blue star beyond your name im social ;-)
This group follows NBSI rules. ( Not Blue Shoot It )

Disappointing. Well, as much as I liked being chased through the system for a half an hour, (which was kinda fun), I had stuff to do. Like write this and go eat. The gaff about not helping older folk across the street didn't endear them to me either.

In all this, I still haven't found a decent pitstop. I'm guessing that the makers of the alpha pod figured desperation into those holes in the floor. Bastards.

To be continued...

No comments: