Monday, January 8, 2007

Day one...

Jan 8 - 2007 - Usteli to Ennur to parts unknown. Well, I'm not going to remember places that have no decent name.

Into the breach, go I... to Emmur - through a couple of podkills - with my flashy Gallente Shuttle, the 'Screenshot I'. I have no doubt that the name will be repeated with a plethora of numbers by the time this is said and done.





"The Screenshot I" - Gallente Shuttle


So far this looks suspiciously like hisec space, although I have been zipping from stargate to stargate, like a pig greased for a race. First stop in Lowsec Space - Ennur VIII M6 - Republic Parliament Treasury. Hah, it's a bank!

One of the things that you have to worry about as you get older, is knowing the proper pitstops on your trip.... You see, you have to make frequent stops, so it's a good idea to map out where rest stops and bathrooms are along your trip far in advance. I mean, it's not like you can just pull over to the nearest asteroid and whip it out... For one thing, the 'enhancer pump effect' is to the Nth degree, since the vacuum of space is what they are based on. I bet you didn't know that did you?

Oh, as a side note, someone remind me to send a complaint to the Minmatar Republic Military School. These Alpha Clone Pods have no regard for toiletry necessities. I mean really. Have some sensibilities. A hole in the deck for each is hardly sanitary now is it?

So... where to go, what to do... Let's see if we can find another rest stop on the map. Mmmmmmm-nnnno. Ok, nothing. Well. Let's look out for podkills.... great, one went xplody in the system I'm in, just outside the station. And, where I want to go, has to go through a place where 10.... sorry, make that 11 podkills have happened in the last hour.

Makes sense I guess. It looks to be one of the systems that has an egress into and from the interior systems. Wish they named it better. L4X-1V just isn't catchy and memorable. Oh well... Wait, let's transfer my clone first... now lets see if I become 12.

Local Space showed three 1337 speakers... sooooo tempted. Must be strong. They're the enemy though! Damn whipper snappers. Warp to the Jumpgate old fool! What're you going to do? Chuck a potato at them?

Ok, I go through the jumpgate and find a small army... of dead ships. Yellow triangles all over my screen, and nothing targeting me. Just me and a sea of wreckage. I think they moved to greener pastures. So, I'm not going to be 12th.

So on and on, 20 jumps to random places... and... Hmph... nothing. So far this hasn't been any different than running around in HiSec Space. I'll most likely eat those words, and soon. However, last few systems have been ridiculously empty of people. I did remember to wear my aftershave, didn't I?

I think I'm going to take a break behind this cluster of veldspar asteroids and take a nap.

If anyone has any idea of where to go, let me know. In the meantime, I'm going to search my inner eyelids for holes.

Here's a shot of 0.0 space. I turned it into a wallpaper, in case anyone wanted one.



Fullscreen (16x12)

Widescreen (16x12)

Oh, I almost forgot. After zipping through so many systems that had no one but myself in them, I happened upon some drone carcasses. I plucked some mineral out and chucked one overboard, effectively leaving a marker. I renamed it and put this blog's location on the name. Who knows, maybe it will attract attention.

To be continued... Zzzzzz

No comments: